Information and rosters for current 2012 year
1. The Delaware North and South Rosters must be in the Phillies hands June 1, 2012. Listed below.
2. Tryouts for the Carpenter Cup Rosters will be on Wed.,May 30 and Thur., May 31
The Delaware North (all New Castle County schools) will be held at Caravel Academy at 4:00 on May 30 and 31.
The Delaware South (all Kent and Sussex County schools) will be held on Wed., May 30th at Caesar Rodney High
School and on Thur., May 31stat Sussex Central High School. The times are at 4:00
All underclass players must try out to be eligible to play on these Carpenter Cup teams. If you have a
graduation on one of these days, you are required to go to only one tryout.
3. Game dates are:
Delaware North plays on Sunday June 10th at 4:00 at Richie Ashburn Field
Delaware South plays on Monday, June 11th at 4:00 at Richie Ashburn Field
If DE North wins on Monday, will play on Thur, June 14 at 12:30 AM at Richie Ashburn Field
If DE South wins on Monday, will play on Friday, June 15th at 9:00 AM at Richie Ashburn Field
Semi-finals are on Sunday, June 17 at 9:30 AM and 1:00 PM
Championship Game on Monday, June 18 at 10:00 AM
4. Directions to Richie Ashburn Field: From the South: Take I-495 north to I-95 north. Continue on
I-95 north and exit at Broad St. and proeed north on Broad to Pattison Ave. (Stay in the left lane).
Turn left on Pattison Ave and turn into FDR Park at the second entrance. Follow the road into the
park and drive around to the back end of the park to the field. OR take the Platt Bridge, turn right
at Pattison Ave. and turn into FDR Park at the light.
5. For inclement weather, call 215-463-1000. Tickets are $5 and food is available.
6. Each roster has 25 players. If a player cannot make the game, an alternate may be added but the original
player is no longer eligible. There are only two players at each position and two DHs who hit for pitchers.
Seven pitchers are listed for each game. Pitchers may pitch for a maximum of three innings and position
players must play a minimum of three innings but no more than six. Bunting is allowed only